Learn yoga for weight loss
In a few years, yoga has become a sport practices among the most appreciated people who wants to lose weight. This article is for people who don’t know yoga want to learn yoga for weight loss.
Beginner yoga : preparation for a session
The place where you practice yoga should be chosen with attention. It is as well not recommended exercise :
- Alone, particularly during the first time.
- On uneven ground.
- On a bed or on a mattress too soft.
- On a surface too hard, which could damage to the joints.
In addition, a preparation before the first session is necessary. It is recommended :
- Not to eat before and wait at least 1 to 2 hours after a snack or 4 hours after a meal.
- Carry a bottle of water to drink before and after the course.
- Choose a course early in the morning or in the evening in order not to suffer from a possible stiffness of the joints and to be able to enjoy ultimate relaxation before or after the activity of the day.
- To go to the toilet in order not to be embarrassed during the session.
Good to know : prior to any practice of yoga, a warm-up screening is necessary.
Conduct of a session of yoga from beginner
The conduct of a session of yoga can be done alone or under the responsibility of a teacher. Regardless of the option chosen, it remains of paramount importance to meet certain conditions in order to promote the benefits of the practice.
It should be thus :
- Listen carefully to the instructions of the professor, while continuing at his own pace.
- To stay focused on messages that we may send the body.
- To carry out the movements in gently, slowly, without force or exceed the limits and physical abilities specific to each one.
- Not to hold his breath : deep breathing is one of the pillars of Yoga, and participates in the circulation of the energies.
- Not to compare or enter into competition with other students.
Good to know : in Yoga, each one is responsible and free to practice a posture, hold it or stop if he feels the slightest discomfort or need to rest.
In the framework of the practice with a teacher it is possible to notify before the beginning of the session for a possible pregnancy or any injury, discomfort, or limit physical.
Finally, all courses end with a time of deep relaxation for a minimum period of 10 minutes.
The respect allows you to feel the energy provided by the postures and to give the body a time of relaxation after the numerous requests.
Note : only the perseverance, the patience and the thoroughness of the Yoga allow you to progress while receiving beneficial as it offers to the soul and the body.
What accessories for starting yoga ?
During all yoga sessions, it is strongly recommended :
- Wear comfortable clothes, simple and light.
- Arrange in layers in order to be able to easily remove and/or replace.
- Practice feet bare as carpets or surfaces are non-slip.
- Remove the watches and jewelry such as rings, necklaces, and bracelets.
Good to know : the work of breathing that will be asked can also be embarrassed by a toilet water or a fragrance too heady.
Yoga for beginners : where to practice ?
Prior to any monthly or annual subscription to a yoga studio, it is best :
- To perform one or more sessions test to find the type of Yoga ideal.
- To favor an atmosphere where one feels good.
- To choose a course adapted to his or her level.
Good to know : for a first practice at home, videos or tutorials selected should indicate to have been made specially for a beginner level.
As with any physical practice, the yoga practice should always be preceded by a medical check-up. In some cases, the yoga will be particularly suitable : for pregnant women, for children and for senior citizens.