6 Yoga Breathing Techniques for weight loss
Weight loss is the new rage all over the world. Eating less, healthy foods, diet, aerobics, yoga, dancing, and gymnastics not only to shoot down those extra pounds? Why guys? Why do you have so much to do when some breathing techniques can help you slim down? Incredible, isn’t it? It was amazing to me too when I had read the article.
But then, I thought there’s no harm in trying so why not give it a try? And believe me, girls, it works. Unlike gymming and hard core workouts that give you muscle cramps and aches, these breathing exercises are easy ad painless techniques to lose weight easily.
But when there is a rave on so many weight loss workouts and expensive exercise equipment how can a simple and inexpensive breathing help us lose weight? The reasons below convince you of the fact behind the weight loss associated with yoga breathing exercises.
Yoga breathing exercises to lose weight
Let’s start with some breathing techniques combined with yoga poses that will speed up weight loss.
1 . Kapalbhati:
Also known under the breath of technical fire, this breathing exercise made popular by Yog guru Baba Ramdev is a very weight loss exercise useful. Let us learn how to do it.
- Sit in a suit on your yoga mat.
- Your body must be straight, an elongated spine, neck and chin.
- Close your eyes and place your hands on your knees in a comfortable position.
- Your abdominal muscles should be completely relaxed, not fatigued.
- Inhale deeply and exhale air out of your nose as if a sniffer dog. When you sniff the air, you will feel your abdomen pulling inward.
- If you are a starter, practice this breathing exercise up to 30-50 times. Slowly increase the pace and continue up to 5-10 minutes in a row. Do not do this exercise by having periods or if you are suffering from high blood pressure or other heart disease.
This pranayama is intended to provide a sufficient amount of fresh oxygen to your body.
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat. Your legs must be crossed, one on the other in a padmasana.
- Place your hands on your knees with your palms up, the tip of your thumb and the ring finger pressing against each other.
- Take large normal breaths and relax.
- Now breathe deeply with all your strength so that your lung is filled with oxygen.
- Then exhale forcefully if the nose so that a whistle is made. VI. Repeat this operation for 5-10 times. If you are suffering from heart disease, consult your doc before practicing this exercise.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
This breathing technique is also known under alternating respiration. Allows you to learn this breathing technique.
- Sit with your legs crossed on a rug and relax.
- Close your eyes and keep all your muscles relaxed.
- Now press the right nostril with the thumb of the right hand and breathe through the left nostril.
- Count to 5 to hold the breath.
- Then close your left nostril with the ring finger of the right hand and leave the right nostril to let the air expire through the right nostril.
- Now still breathe through the right nostril while keeping the left nostril depressed.
- Keep the breath up to 5 counts and release the air through the left nostril.
- In this way, you finish a tour of this pranayama.
- Repeat some 10-15 laps more. This exercise should be done in the fresh air before having your breakfast. However, if you are pregnant or having periods, do not do this exercise.
- Sit on a rug, cross-legged in a padmasana.
- Straighten your spine and relax.
- Now, with your thumb, close both ears.
- Use the middle finger of both hands to lightly press your closed eyes.
- With the index finger, press your temples lightly.
- Place the annular and small fingers on the bridge of your nose.
- Now breathe deeply through your nose and exhale slowly through your nose while making a snoring sound and singing OM in your mind.
- Do this exercise for 11-21 times.
Surya Namaskar (salutation au soleil):
There are twelve Steps Surya Namaskar. Each of these poses is accompanied by a breathing sequence that if done with concentration and precision promotes weight loss tone your entire body.
Assis torsion vertébrale:
Also known as Ardha Matsyendrasana, spinal twists works on your abdomen and back.
- Sit on the yoga mat with your legs extended in front of you. Breathe and relax.
- Bend your right knee and bring the heels as close to your buttocks as possible.
- Now bend your left knee and cross it on your right knee. Your left foot peg should be right next to your right knee.
- Take your left arm and place it behind you with your palm on the floor.
- Your right arm should touch the toes of your left foot.
- Now that you have positioned yourself, take a deep breath and lengthen your spine.
- Twist your torso to your left and look over your left shoulder. As you turn exhale.
- Inhale and exhale straighten your spine-and twist.
- Stay for 5 breaths and release the key.
- Now turn on the other side too. These yoga poses for breathing and weight loss will undoubtedly give you benefits to